Monday, February 26, 2007

Get Rich Quick, My Ass!

OK, let's say for a minute that I was so smart that I had Wall Street totally figured out. Using my years of market experience, I create a system or software tool that allows me to reliably and efficiently set up a portfolio. The system is so easy, that anybody can use it to make money with almost no risk at all. If I had such a system, how would I chose to make money? By A: Selling the system to people like you or B: Actually managing my own hedge fund and getting rich off my market genius.

If you guessed A, then I think you need to spend some of your hard earned money on Russ Jordin's (or somebody else's) new system. They all have GREAT commercials, and after all, these guys are all so tired of making easy money, they'd rather spend the rest of their life helping you gain financial independence, for a small fee - just enough to cover the cost of materials I assure you.

If you guessed B, then I am in the same boat as you. My normal inclination is to assume that any person will work in the trade that offers the most return. It is true that such a return might very well includes more than simple wealth accumulation. Still, when I listen to somebody on CNBC Radio tell me about their new fangled system, I can't help but wonder why they are trying to make money selling it to me rather than actually putting it to use for themselves. The fact that they are trying to sell it to me speaks volumes about what their system really is all about, making them money through consultation and product fees.

Personally, I was wondering if I should set my own system up. For a small fee, I could teach you how to set up your own system, that involves helping yet others set up their own system. I wouldn't say that up front, but my 4 page instruction guide would basically say, "the quickest way to get rich is to infer that you can get others rich, and have them pay you for that advice. You better hurry up, because I am busy selling my scheme and taking your potential customer base while you tarry." Send me $1000 and I promise I'll get you in on the ground floor.

No comments: